Established in 2014, Marigold & Grey is an e-commerce site allowing brides, grooms and event planners to design their own artisan wedding welcome gifts. We also offer fully custom gift design for weddings, workshops, corporate events and client gifting. We are growing leaps and bounds and in need of an intern to assist with social media, gift production and various marketing-related projects.
What We Need:
- Excellent problem solver
- Experience with Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat for the purpose of generating brand awareness, engaging an audience, and winning over customers
- Comfort with WordPress; Photoshop and Lightroom knowledge is a plus!
- Ability to work remotely as well as on-site in Kensington, Maryland
- Ability to travel within the DC/MD/VA area for meetings, networking events and occasional errands
- Good eye for design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A can-do attitude with willingness to work hard and contribute to the team
- A deep and genuine desire to be part of a startup business
- Upbeat personality
What You’ll Learn:
- Work flow to include ordering, receiving, gift production and delivery coordination
- Relationship building and networking skills with members of the wedding industry
- Relationship building with potential customers and vendors
- The value of styled shoots from planning to execution to publication
- Analyzing social media analytics from Pinterest, Google Analytics, Iconosquare, Facebook Insights, etc
- How to form and execute a social media strategy
- How to effectively communicate with an online community to gain additional followers as well as deepen relationships with our current following
- How to generate relevant content for a blog and social media
- Current industry trends and how to forecast upcoming trends
- This is an unpaid internship requiring 20 hours per week
- Combination of both on-site and remote work
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and writing samples to hello@marigoldgrey with “Spring 2017 Internship” or “Summer 2017 Internship” in the subject line. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please also answer the following questions:
Why are you interested in Marigold & Grey?
Which blog do you read every single day?
Which is your favorite celebrity wedding and why?
In your opinion, which business (large or small) has the best social media strategy and why?
If you could have a $1000 gift certificate to any store, which would it be?
If you think you’re a good fit for us and us for you, we look forward to hearing from you!